When it comes to pets, dogs are the most popular. There are dogs in millions of households where many of them have multiple dogs in the house. Due to the demand of pet dogs, the pet industry has developed different breeds and cross breeding is common. From the smallest to the largest dogs available, everyone is having a great time with their dogs. If you have a dog, you have to make some changes in the house to make it suitable for the dogs. And one of the best installations added because of the dogs is a dog door. Dog door is a door suitable for the dogs. They are placed either within the door or the walls. When it comes to dog doors, there are things you need to consider. Here are 5 of them.
- Size – You need to consider the size of the dog door. It should be big enough for your dog to pass through. If you have a small dog, it is alright to get a smaller dog door. Just be sure to consider the maximum size of your dog and not its current size especially if it is still a puppy. If you have multiple dogs, you would notice that they often run along each other so you might also consider that as they could get stuck if they pass through the dog door together. Get more info here!
- Design – There are a lot of dog door designs. There is the traditional manual dog door which uses gravity and hinge to open and close the door. There is also the new electronic dog door which can detect the dog once approaches and open automatically. Choose a design you are comfortable with.
- Security -The dog door is often a free access of those you do not want to get inside the house. It could be rodents, squirrels or snakes. You need to be aware of such risk as it could be dangerous or problematic in your part. Another is thieves. They will find a way to infiltrate your property and the dog door can be this access. If you have small kids you want to keep inside the house, you need to watch out for them as they can go out using the dog door. Know more about dogs in http://www.ehow.com/pets/dogs/.
- Safety – Make sure that the materials used are safe for the dog and kids even if they put it in the mouth. There should be no pointy or sharp edges that can cut or injure them.
- Cost – Some dog doors are cheap while others are expensive. Determine your budget and choose a dog door that is within your budget, go here to know more!
Now make your dog happy with a great dog door.